Tel: +86-21-58386189, 58386176

CONTACT INFO

If you would like to get help immediately, PLS click the LIVE-CHAT,which is fixed on the right of browser.

what is asphalt means

  • What is Asphalt? (with pictures)

    asphalt meaning: 1 a black, sticky substance, often mixed with small stones or sand, that forms a strong surface when it becomes hard 2 to cover something, typically a roof or road, with asphalt: 3 a black substance mixed with small stones, sand, etc, that forms a hard surface when it dries, Learn more

    Live Chat
  • What is Recycled Asphalt Millings? Benefits & Cost

    What is Recycled Asphalt Millings? Basically RAM is old asphalt that is ground into gravel, that hardens/binds together when compacted The best gravel to leave exposed for a long time is RAM (Recycled Asphalt Millings), when covered with a sprayed on application of liquid asphalt the RAMwill begin to bind the asphalt back together

    Live Chat
  • Asphalt - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Asphalt, or bitumen, is a sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid, composed almost entirely of petroleum It is present in most crude petroleums and in some natural deposits It is the material which made the La Brea tar pits Its main use is in road construction

    Live Chat
  • ASPHALT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

    asphalt definition: 1 a black, sticky substance, often mixed with small stones or sand, that forms a strong surface when it becomes hard 2 to cover something, typically a roof or road, with asphalt: 3 a black substance mixed with small stones, sand, etc, that forms a ,

    Live Chat
  • What is sealcoating and is it good for asphalt? | Top Job ,

    Asphalt pavement is made up of 95% aggregate, or small gravel and sand particl Only the other 5% is actually asphalt (also known as bitumen), which is the black, oily, and sticky substance that binds the gravel and sand particles together When pavement is new, the asphalt oils are fresh and pliable, making the pavement flexible

    Live Chat
  • Cutback Asphalt - Pavement Interactive

    A cutback asphalt is simply a combination of asphalt cement and petroleum solvent Like emulsions, cutbacks are used because they reduce asphalt viscosity for lower temperature uses (tack coats, fog seals, slurry seals, stabilization material)Similar to emulsified asphalts, after a cutback asphalt is applied the petroleum solvent evaporates leaving behind asphalt cement residue on the surface .

    Live Chat
  • What are Different Types of Asphalt? (with pictures)

    Aug 05, 2019· Asphalt is most well known as a road covering more technically termed asphalt concrete, but there are a few different forms in which the substance may appear It is a naturally occurring material present in crude oil and in natural deposits, notably around certain bodies of ,

    Live Chat
  • Asphaltum | Definition of Asphaltum at Dictionary

    Asphaltum definition, asphalt See more Asphaltum would reward study; it was universally used by the Venetians, and seems never to have cracked with them

    Live Chat
  • Petropedia - What is Asphalt? - Definition from Petropedia

    Asphalt is a naturally occurring hydrocarbon which is thick and viscous in nature It has a very high pour point and is usually a solid room temperature It is also produced in ,

    Live Chat
  • What is the meaning of Asphalt

    What is the meaning of 'asphalt' Asphalt Scrabble Scrore 12 ( ) Asphalt is the black, tarry material that's often used to pave roads or fill in pothol Your neighbor might decide to coat his driveway in Asphalt Asphalt is a popular substance for paving roads, parking lots, and even airport runways, because it's sturdy and easy to repair

    Live Chat
  • What is RUBBERIZED ASPHALT? What does RUBBERIZED , - YouTube

    Jun 13, 2017· What is RUBBERIZED ASPHALT? What does RUBBERIZED ASPHALT mean? RUBBERIZED ASPHALT meaning - RUBBERIZED ASPHALT definition - RUBBERIZED ASPHALT explanation Source: Wikipediaorg article, adapted .

    Live Chat
  • Asphalt - Wikipedia

    Nov 24, 2014· Asphalt definition, any of various dark-colored, solid, bituminous substances, native in various areas of the earth and composed mainly of hydrocarbon mixtur See more

    Live Chat
  • What does asphalt mean - answers

    Asphalt usually means one of two things: 1) asphalt cement or 2) asphalt pavement Asphalt cement, also called bitumen, is a viscous black liquid refined from crude petroleum or mined from natural .

    Live Chat
  • What Is Sealcoating? - sealmaster

    Asphalt pavement, to keep in simple terms, is primarily rock and/or stone and gravel, along with a binder The rock, or aggregate, is held together with this binder also known as asphalt cement The binder is created from the distillation process of certain crude oils

    Live Chat
  • What is UPM? | Asphalt Materials

    Jul 01, 2014· What is UPM? July 1, 2014 By Asphaltwordpress13 Landscaping When you are experiencing problems with your concrete, such as potholes or large cracks, you want to make sure that you are using the best materials available to fix it In the world of asphalt, that means using UPM

    Live Chat
  • The Complete 7-Step Process for Asphalt Pavement Installation

    Sep 28, 2016· Asphalt pavement contractors discus the complete method to properly install a new asphalt surface Asphalt pavement contractors discus the complete method to properly install a new asphalt surface , If the gravel flexes more than an inch under the weight of the truck, it means that the base is not properly supported

    Live Chat
  • Asphalt Overlay | Benefits & Uses | Lone Star Paving

    Asphalt overlay is an option for some asphalt surfaces that are in disrepair, but paving asphalt over concrete comes with some catch Concrete paved surfaces are not compressed and compacted like asphalt is, rather the concrete adheres and fills voids and ,

    Live Chat
  • Asphalt dictionary definition | asphalt defined

    asphalt definition: The definition of asphalt is a black or brown, tar-like substance that is used to cover roadways and is usually mixed with gravel (noun) Blacktop on your driveway is an example of asphalt .

    Live Chat
  • What is a Tack Coat? - Definition from Corrosionpedia

    Definition - What does Tack Coat mean? Tack coat is a thin layer of asphalt that ensures the bonding between old and new asphalt layers It is also used in construction or for ,

    Live Chat
  • The Difference between Crack Filling and Crack Sealing ,

    Mar 09, 2016· Crack filling: Often the best option for non-working cracks with moderate to no edge deterioration Crack sealing: Often best option for cracks with limited edge deterioration Contact Aegis Our expert team can evaluate issues related to pavement cracks and treat them appropriately in Eugene, Springfield, Roseburg and Coos Bay, Oregon Contact us to learn more about our asphalt repair ,

    Live Chat
  • Asphalt Acronyms and Abbreviations

    Browse the list of 312 Asphalt acronyms and abbreviations with their meanings and definitions List of all most popular abbreviated Asphalt terms defined Updated July 2019

    Live Chat
  • Asphalt - definition of asphalt by The Free Dictionary

    Define asphalt asphalt synonyms, asphalt pronunciation, asphalt translation, English dictionary definition of asphalt n 1 See bitumen 2 A mixture of bitumen with crushed stone gravel or sand, used for paving or roofing trv asphalted , asphalting , asphalts To.

    Live Chat
  • What is sealcoating and is it good for asphalt? | Top Job ,

    Asphalt pavement is made up of 95% aggregate, or small gravel and sand particl Only the other 5% is actually asphalt (also known as bitumen), which is the black, oily, and sticky substance that binds the gravel and sand particles together When pavement is new, the asphalt oils are fresh and pliable, making the pavement flexible

    Live Chat
  • What is asphalt? - Quora

    Asphalt is a sticky, black, viscoelastic polymer that occurs naturally in the environment or may be manufactured in industrial faciliti Rising construction activities especially in the Asia-Pacific drive the world asphalt additives market the .

    Live Chat